Rugg Realty Best Practices Update
During Covid-19 Pandemic
Updated April 2, 2020
Changes to MLS
· Appointment with agent
· Add See showing instructions for Covid 19 guidelines to agent only remarks
· Rugg Realty agent will disinfect the lock box, key, front door handle, light switches, patio door handles & interior door handles at the end of that day after there have been showings.
· If you have a showing after the first showing of the day, the lock box, door handle & light switches will not yet have been cleaned. In this case it is the showing agent’s responsibility to protect themselves and their clients by bringing a suitable disinfectant to prepare the property surfaces to show.
For Sellers of Occupied Homes
· As in the past, homeowners should not be present during showings
· Once the showing is completed & homeowner returns to the property, you should disinfect surfaces i.e. front door handle, light switches, patio door handles, and interior door handles
for Sellers of Unoccupied Homes
· At the end of each day where there have been showings, your Rugg Realty agent will visit the property & disinfect the lock box, key, front door handle, light switches, patio door handles & interior door handles.
For Buyer Clients of Rugg Realty
· We will ride in separate cars to maintain social distancing
· The Rugg Realty agent will access the electronic key, box open the door, and enter the property first.
· Buyers should expect a normal showing, with the exception that the Rugg Realty agent will open doors, turn on & off lights
Thank you for your understanding we are trying to do the right thing for everyone’s protection. Brian Rugg Brian@RuggRealty.com